Welcome! After being away for a year, after following my heart which took me to the furthest place on the planet away from my home, I am seeing things with a new clarity. I am ready to make my life what I need it to be. I am ready to share and love and live in a way that rewards me and fulfils me spiritually. I am ready. and this is me, speaking from my heart.

avec amour,

joelle

Friday 23 September 2011

The Nomad

To travel is to live.
It's to give.
An energy exchange
of all things strange.
For it I always yearn.
Endless lessons to learn.

To wander is to breathe.
Without it I grieve
as if mourning a loss.
So is the cost
of settling down,
of being bound.

To move is to refresh.
Everything before it must cess.
A new life is begun
and only the sun
knows who you are,
knows you come from a far.

To travel is to roam,
like the rolling stone,
I am alone.
I gather no moss.
For some, this is my loss.
For me, this is to grow.
How much?
Only I will ever know.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joelle: Very nice. This is quite insightful. Your poetry sounds like a form of liberation for you. That is great.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me ever the more excited to leave on Thursday. I love this Joelle, marvelous. xoxo

    ReplyDelete